Online Shopping Safety Tips
You are here:
Internet Family Fun Home > What You Want to Know About... > Online Shopping Safety
Tips to Protect Yourself While Shopping Online
- Use A Secure Server - Online Shopping Safety Tip
Make sure you are using a secure server and browser with industry security standards before you enter credit card information online. To determine if you are using a secure server, follow these simple steps. You should make sure your browser is a newer version so the information that you are sending is secure.
- Use Companies You Know - Online Shopping Safety Tip
Anyone can open a store online in minutes and be gone tomorrow. Make sure you either know of the store or you should research it. Here are some things to research before doing business with an unknown company.
- Compare Prices Before Buying - Online Shopping Safety Tip
If the price is too low there may be something wrong like it is used or it may be a bait and switch deal.
- Check the Return Policy Before You Order - Online Shopping Safety Tip
When shopping we all hope that we get what we expect but sometimes there are problems that arise with what we ordered. Check the company's return policy before you order online so you will know what to expect before you order. Some companies offer no returns and you may not want to do business with them.
- Use a Credit Card - Online Shopping Safety Tip
Don't use debit cards to shop online - they don't offer the protection of the Fair Credit Billing Act which protects you. If you have problems with someone using the card, in most cases you will only be held liable for $50 of the charges and you can protest a charge if you don't get what you ordered.
- Consider Calling In The Order - Online Shopping Safety Tip
If you don't feel comfortable entering your credit card information online, then call the company and place your order.
- Print and Keep Information About Your Order- Online Shopping Safety Tip
Print out information on your order when you place it and keep the copies. Also print out other information you may need such as return policies, company information, specific product information and warranty information.
- Use Secure Passwords- Online Shopping Safety Tip
Learn how to create a secure password that isn't easily hacked.
- Trust Your Instincts- If It Sounds Too True To Be Good...
It probably is!
Following these tips will help you to not get ripped off while shopping online.
More Topics to Know About
This site recommends Amazon.com for online shopping: